OCM Weekly Highlights
25th October 2009
OCM Official Website: www.olympic.org.my
Men’s Hockey Test Matches between Malaysia and Australia – 19th and 20th October 2009 both matches at 6.00 p.m. at Stadium Tun Razak, Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur, 22nd October 2009 at 5.00 p.m. at Kuantan, Pahang, 24th and 25th October 2009, both matches at 5.30 p.m. at Stadium Tun Razak, Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur.
3rd Asian Indoor Games 2009 – 30th October to 8th November 2009, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
2009 Malaysian Waterski & Wakeboard Championship – Round 4 – 5/6/7 November 2009 at Putrajaya Presint 6 Water Sports Complex (Held in conjunction with the 2009 IWSF Putrajaya Waterski World Cup)
2009 IWSF Putajaya Waterski World Cup – 6/7/8 November 2009 at Putrajaya Presint 6 Water Sports Complex
7th OCM - Tan Sri Alex Lee Charity Golf 2009 – 9th November 2009 at Saujana Golf and Country Club, Subang.
OCM Women and Sport Dinner 2009 – 18th November 2009 at OCM Indoor Sports Arena, Level 3, OCM Indoor Sports Complex, Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur.
Visit of IOC Evaluation Committee for the Host City of 125th IOC Session in 2013 – 19th and 20th November 2009.
Asia Sports 2009 – 23rd to 25th November 2009, Berjaya Times Square Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur.
SEA Games Federation Meetings – 6th to 8th December 2009 at Vientiane, Laos.
25th SEA Games 2009 – 9th to 18th December 2009, Vientiane, Laos.
KFC MYA-MILO National Championship – 6th to 10th December 2009 at Langkawi
IODA Asian Sailing Championship 2009 – 12th December 2009 at Langkawi.
MAJOR SPORTS EVENTS 2010
XIII Sukan Malaysia 2010 – 28th May to 6th June 2010, Melaka.
XIX Commonwealth Games Baton Relay – 12th & 13th June 2010, Kuala Lumpur.
1st Youth Olympic Games 2010 – 14th to 26th August 2010, Singapore.
Delhi XIX Commonwealth Games 2010 – 3rd to 14th October 2010, Delhi, India
Guangzhou 16th Asian Games 2010 – 12th to 25th November 2010, Guangzhou, China
The Office Bearers and members of the Olympic Council of Malaysia wish to congratulate the following sports officials who were conferred awards in conjunction with the 79th birthday of the Sultan of Pahang Sultan Ahmad Shah on 24th October 2009.
- Y.B. Dato Seri Peter Chin Fah Kui, Minister of Energy, Green Technology and Water, and Patron of the Race Walkers Association of Malaysia, who are conferred the Sri Sultan Ahmad Shah Pahang (SSAP) that carries the title Datuk Seri.
- Y.Bhg. Dato’ Seri Redzuan Tan Sri Sheikh Ahmad, Deputy President, Football Association of Malaysia (FAM), who was conferred the Sri Sultan Ahmad Shah Pahang (SSAP) that carries the title Datuk Seri.
- Y.Bhg. Datuk Azzuddin Ahmad, Secretary-General, Football Association of Malaysia (FAM), who are conferred the Darjah Sultan Ahmad Shah Pahang (DSAP) that carried the title Dato’.
- Y.Bhg. Dato’ Abdul Malek Md Noor, Mr. Asia from 1985 to 1988 and 1990, 1991and SEA Games Silver Medalist in 1989 in Bodybuilding, who was conferred the Indera Mahkota Pahang (DIMP) that carries the title Dato’.
154th OCM Council Meeting
The 154th OCM Council Meeting was held on 24th October 2009 at Level 2C, Wisma OCM Phase II, Kuala Lumpur. The following matters were considered:
- Approved Y.Bhg. Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, President of the Badminton Association of Malaysia, to be the Chef de Mission of the Malaysian Contingent to the Delhi XIX Commonwealth Games from 3rd to 14th October 2010.
- Approved Y.Bhg. Dato’ Zolkples Embong, Director General of the National Sports Council Malaysia, to be the Chef de Mission of the Malaysian Contingent to the Guangzhou XVI Asian Games from 12th to 25th November 2010.
- Approved Cik Nur Asmara Diana Thong Abdullah from the Table Tennis Association of Malaysia and Cik Chee Ee Laine from the Malaysia Ice Hockey Federation to attend the Study Tour Project for Leaders of Asian Youth Sports in Japan from 4th to 11th November 2009.
- Confirmed the selection of the Malaysian Contingents for the 3rd Asian Indoor Games and the 25th SEA Games.
- Noted the model provisions on Alternate Dispute Resolution and Compliance with the WADA Code proposed by the OCM Management and Legal Advisory Committee, for inclusion in the Constitutions of the NSAs affiliated to OCM.
- Noted that the IOC Executive Board has, shortlisted Kuala Lumpur, together with Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Valencia, Spain, as the potential host of the 125th IOC Session in Kuala Lumpur in 2013.
OCM Festive Season Open House
The Olympic Council of Malaysia (OCM) and the Olympic Sports Hotel jointly hosted the 2009 Festive Season Open House at Wisma OCM on 24th October from 12.00 noon to 2.00 p.m. The Festive Season Open House was in celebration of Hari Raya Aidlil Fitri and Deepavali. About 130 representatives of NSAs, other sports organizations, friends and supporters of OCM. Among the VIPs present were Y.Bhg. Dato’ Nik Mahmud bin Nik Yusof, Sports Commissioner Malaysia, Olympians Y.Bhg. Dato’ R. Yogeswaran, Encik Ow Soon Kooi and Encik Mirnawan Nawawi, Y.Bhg. Dato’ James Selvaraj, former Malaysian Badminton star and Senior Manager, Marketing of Bata Malaysia Sdn Bhd. Representatives of OCM Partner, HDI Network, Federal Territory Amateur Athletics Association, FameMas and many others were also present.
4th Session of the Advanced Sports Management Course 2009
4th Session of the Advanced Sports Management Course 2009 was held from 22nd to 25th October 2009 at the OCM Board Room, Wisma OCM, Kuala Lumpur. With the conclusion of the 4th Session the Second Advanced Sports Management Course 2009 was completed. The First Course was conducted in 2008.
Squash Racquets Association of Malaysia (SRAM)– JDP Workshop
The Squash Racquets Association of Malaysia (SRAM) organized its 2 day National Workshop on Youth Development Programme under the Theme “Key to World Success”. Representatives of all the state Squash associations were present. Dato’ Sieh Kok Chi, representing YAM Tunku Tan Imran ibni Almarhum Tuanku Ja’afar declared opened the Workshop. Y.Bhg. Dato’ A. Sani Karim, President of SRAM presented the Key Note address.
7th OCM - Tan Sri Alex Lee Charity Golf 2009
The Olympic Council of Malaysia (OCM) is organizing the 7th OCM - Tan Sri Alex Lee Charity Golf on 9th November 2009 at Saujana Golf & Country Club. The objectives of the charity golf are to raise funds for the Tan Sri Alex Lee Athletes’ Education Fund and to encourage interaction between the various National Sports Associations (NSAs) and also in memory of the late Tan Sri Alex Lee for his tremendous contribution to the nation and sport. This is the 10th Anniversary of the untimely passing away of the late Tan Sri Alex Lee, in a scuba diving accident off the coast of Papua New Guinea in 1999. Details of the charity golf and the Entry Form are available on the OCM Website at www.olympic.org.my
3rd Asian Indoor Games 2009
The departure and return dates of Malaysian Contingent for the 3rd Asian Indoor Games 2009 for Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are as follows:-
Pencak Silat Team – leaving on 30th October for Hanoi and return on 8th November 2009.
Sepaktakraw Team – leaving on 29th October for Hanoi and return on 3rd November 2009.
Kabaddi Team – leaving on 1st November for Hanoi and return on 7th November 2009.
Petanque Team – leaving on 2nd November for Hanoi and return on 8th November 2009.
DanceSport Team – leaving on 4th November for Hanoi and return on 9th November 2009.
Futsal Team – leaving on 26th October for Ho Chi Minh City and return on 8th November 2009.
Dragon and Lion Dance Teams – leaving on 31st October for Ho Chi Minh City and return 7th November 2009.
Tenpin Bowling Team – leaving on 29th October for Ho Chi Minh City and return on 8th November 2009.